Did you know this about work?
- The average person spends 90,000 hours at work over their lifetime.
- 25% of employees say work is their main source of stress and 40% say their job is “very or extremely stressful”
- More than 13 million working days are lost every year because of stress-related illnesses
- 10,000 workers per year drop dead at their desks as a result of 60- to 70-hour work weeks in Japan. The phenomenon is known as “karoshi”
- Nearly half of America has gained weight at their current job; 28% have gained more than 10 lbs, 13% have gained more than 20 lbs
- 25% of people check into work hourly while on vacation, via email and phone. 59% said they check work during traditional holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving. Basically, work is everywhere.