Fun Facts about Recruitment……….Did you know?
- “The average time spent by recruiters looking at a resume is just 5 to 7 seconds, with 76% of resumes discarded for having an unprofessional email address.
- In 2000, 22% of resumes were submitted via email or posted on the web. In 2014, over 90% of resumes were posted online or sent via email. But, only 35% of applicants are actually qualified for the jobs to which they apply.
- Applicant Tracking Software, the robots that read your resume, is able to quickly eliminate 75% of the applicants.
- 427,000 resumes are posted each week on Monster, 89% of recruiters have hired someone through LinkedIn and 8,000,000 applicants found their job on Twitter.
- 93% of recruiters are likely to look at a candidate’s social media profile – so you might not want to post those images from the last party you attended!
- While the average length of an interview is 40 minutes, 33% of 2000 surveyed bosses indicated they know within the first 90 seconds if they will hire that candidate. How? Disqualification ‘tells’ include: being too fashionable/trendy (70%), failure to make eye contact (67%), not being knowledgeable about the company (47%), lack of confidence/smile (38%), bad posture (33%), weak handshake (26%) and crossing arms over chest during interview (21%).” (http://blog.neocasesoftware.com/2015/05/21/human-resources-fun-facts-serious-statistics/)
Did you know?